Our reputation has been vigorously earned.. and is one that is fiercely protected.
- Being ahead of the game, spotting opportunities early and capturing financial trends before they are obvious to others.
- Widely recognised as having excellent technical knowledge which we use exclusively to the benefit of our clients.
- Successful investors for our clients and this has been recognised in the many industry awards we have won for our investment advice.
We have also repeatedly warned of impending industry problems long before the regulatory authorities or the media.
- For years we have criticised the bad design and poor performance of with profits funds.
- As far back as 1992 we pointed out that endowment mortgages were not a sensible way to pay off home loans.
- Equitable Life eventually closed as a company in 2018 but 21 years ago we told the industry that their business model was flawed.
- As the millennium approached we "blew the whistle" on pension income mis-selling.
- Over 20 years ago we forecast low interest rates. These continue today.
- We have constantly challenged successive governments to simplify pension legislation.
- We warned of the potential perils of the buy-to-let market.
- We went to the media to express our fears that the new pension freedom legislation would lead to widespread mis-selling. And of course it has.